DishDivvy Hosts Screening of “Soufra”
DishDivvy is a proud sponsor and organizer of this screening. DishDivvy is a food-tech platform connecting Approved HomeCooks with Hungry Neighbors, with a mission to provide economic opportunities to underrepresented labor groups who are traditionally left out of the commercial food sector. Needless to say, the struggles and challenges of the Palestinian refugees / women, as documented in “Soufra”, have resonated deeply with the founders of DishDivvy, and now they’re excited to bring this story of entrepreneurism, dreams and hope to our local community.
The film will be screened at Glendale’s beautiful Laemmle Theater, with an interactive Q&A / Audience Discussion to follow. Guests will enjoy a Soufra-inspired Boxed Meal to enjoy during the film, prepared by DishDivvy local DishDivvy HomeCooks, who share similar experiences to the women of “Soufra”
- Please arrive by 6:30 PM to check-in and get your seat assignment and boxed meal.
- Film will begin promptly at 7:00 PM – No Late Seating
- There will be a 30-minute Q&A / Open Discussion at the end of the film
- There is public parking on Maryland Avenue and metered parking on adjacent streets
This event is made possible by our amazing sponsors:
- NextHome Luxe Group
- Bruno Group
- Friendly Filmworks
- KEEN Fitness
- New York Life Agent Roya Ebrahimi
- Fenwick & West, LLP